2. Information Collection.
The Site collects information to deliver the products and services you request, to help improve your shopping experience, and to support its business functions. The Site collects information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with its websites and mobile services.
The Site may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with the Services, sign up for contests or sweepstakes, participate in surveys, access various content or features, submit comments or content, use a send-to-a-friend feature, make a purchase, or directly contact Provider with questions or feedback:
1. Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
2. Unique identifiers, such as a username or password;
3. Demographic information, such as gender;
4. Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
5. Geolocation information;
6. Device Information, such as activity on the device, which applications are running, browsing history, bookmarks, device type, operating system version and mobile carrier. It also collects device carrier, operating system type and version; This is to help Provider ensure you have the best browsing experience possible.
7. Communications preferences;
8. Search queries;
9. Correspondence and other information that you send to Provider; and
10. Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Site may also collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
1. Your Internet Protocol address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
2. Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
3. Your browser type and operating system;
4. Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
5. Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
6. Information collected through cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and other technologies;
7. Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages web received, opened, or forwarded; and
8. Standard Server Log Information.
3. Use of Information.
Site may use information that it collects through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
1. Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that it receives from you;
2. Contact you via email and otherwise about your account, products, services, contests, and events that it thinks might be of interest to you;
3. Send you promotional material or special offers on Provider’s behalf or on behalf of Provider’s marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties;
4. Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of Provider’s business, the Services, and other products and services it offers;
5. Customize and personalize your use of the Services; and
6. As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
4. Sharing of Information.
Site is committed to maintaining your trust, and it wants you to understand when and with whom it may share the information it collects. At times, as described below, it may share your personal information with others for various purposes:
1. Service Providers: Site may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on Provider’s behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for Provider). These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to Provider.
2. Subsidiaries and Affiliates: Site may share your information with Walmart and each of Provider’s and Walmart’s subsidiaries and affiliates for business purposes described herein.
3. Select Business Partners: With your prior permission, Provider may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain information shared with Provider’s third party business partners when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you do not elect to have your information shared, it will not be shared with such third parties. Site takes measures to help ensure that Provider’s partners protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any information it shares with them. However, Site is not responsible for the privacy practices of Provider’s business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
5. Surveys: Site may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys. If you participate, it will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). It may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using Provider’s users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. Site will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless it gives you prior notice and choice.
6. Business Transfer: If Site sells all or part of its business, or makes a sale or transfer of assets, or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, Site may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
8. Other Parties with Your Express Consent: Site may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing. For example, if you win a contest or sweepstakes, Site may ask your permission to publicly post certain information on the Services identifying you as the winner.
9. Geo-Location Data and Services Providers: Site may share your geo-location data with service providers that perform certain functions or services on Provider’s behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for Provider). These companies are authorized to use your geo-location data only as necessary to provide these services to Provider. If you wish to stop the further collection of your geolocation information, whether collected through location services, Bluetooth, or microphone access technology, please opt-out using your device settings
10. Geo-Location Data and Third Parties: Site may share your geo-location data with third parties for the purpose of them serving you ads for places in your area.
5. Tracking Technologies & Cookies.
As is true of most websites, Site gathers information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and or clickstream data. Site may combine this automatically collected log information with other information it collects about you. It does this to improve services it offers to you, and to improve marketing, analytics and Site functionality.
Site uses Local Storage Objects (“LSO”) such as HTML5 of Flash to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom Site partners to provide certain features or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs, please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
6. Behavioral/ Re-Targeting.
7. Social Media Platforms (“SMP”).
8. Public Profile.
The profile or account that you create on the Site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
9. Links to Other Websites.
10. Mobile Applications
When you download and use Site’s mobile app, Provider automatically collects information on the type of device you use and operating system version.
Provider may send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that Provider may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
Provider may collect your location based information for the purpose of locating a place that you may be searching for in your area. Provider will only share this information with Provider’s mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. If you do not wish to allow Provider to share your information in this manner please opt-out by contacting Provider at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level or by emailing Provider at email@example.com.
Site uses mobile analytics software to allow it to better understand the functionality of its Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and the source from which the application was downloaded. Site does not link the information it stores within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app.
Site has adopted generally accepted standards to help protect against loss, misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to Provider. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) and geo-location, it encrypts the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Site strives to protect your information and privacy, it cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to the Services. Therefore, Site cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
12. Children’s Privacy
The Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. If Provider is made aware Provider has collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (15 U.S.C. 6501 et seq.) (“COPPA”), Provider will delete this information as soon as possible.
13. Access, Choice and Retention.
Upon request Provider will provide you with information about whether Provider holds any of your personal information. If your information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Services, you may access or correct your personal information or request your information be excluded from future use by Provider for the purposes set forth herein by signing into your account and making the required changes, by emailing Provider at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting Provider by postal mail at the contact information listed below. Provider will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Provider will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Provider will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with Provider’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce Provider’s agreements.
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, push notifications, and similar communications from Site. You may opt out of receiving commercial emails from Provider by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link included in the commercial e-mails you receive or by turning off push notifications at the device level. Please note that opt-out requests may take up to ten (10) days to be effective. Your opt-out request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, Site may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with Provider, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial email messages.
If your information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Services, you may request that it update or remove certain information by signing into your account and making the required changes or by contacting Provider by postal mail at the contact information listed below. Site will respond to your request within a commercially reasonable timeframe.
14. Your California Privacy Rights; California Consumer Privacy Act.
This California Consumer Privacy Act Notice (“Notice”) provides additional information to California residents whose personal information is processed by Provider pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are not a California resident, this Notice does not apply to you.
14A. Categories of Personal Information Collected and Disclosed
During the preceding 12 months, Provider has collected the following categories of personal information that are processed pursuant to the CCPA: (1) identifiers, such as your contact information and online account information; (2) Internet and electronic network activity information, such as information about your interactions with Provider’s websites, mobile applications, and social media pages; (3) audio, electronic, or visual information; (4) inferences about you, including about your preferences; (5) financial information and other information as described above that may be considered personal information under Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80; (6) protected classifications under California or federal law; (7) commercial information including records or products or services purchased; (8) geolocation data.
As set forth in the Policy, Provider discloses personal information to third parties for business purposes, including without limitation, for purposes of advertising, marketing, and other services performed on Provider’s behalf, to protect against fraud and malicious activity, and for other business purposes described in the Policy. During the preceding 12 months, Provider has disclosed each of the above-listed categories of personal information for such business purposes. In addition, your information may be accessible to third parties with whom you interact or direct Provider to share your information through Provider services.
14B. CCPA Rights
The CCPA allows California residents to request that a business that collects consumers’ personal information give consumers access, upon a verifiable consumer request, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable form, to the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the business has collected about the consumer, the categories of sources for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared. California residents also have the right to submit a request for deletion of personal information under certain circumstances, although there may be legal or other reasons that Provider must retain your information consistent with California law. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. Choosing to delete your personal information may impact your ability to use our websites and online features. Provider will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices, although some of the functionality and features available to you may change or no longer be available to you. Any differences in the services are related to the value provided.
Please submit your request by visiting 81eighty.com/ccpa-compliance/ or by calling toll-free calling 1-888-848-3226. Once Provider receives your request, Provider may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, Provider may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. Provider reserves the right to deny requests in certain circumstances, such as where Provider has a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent.
16. International Users.
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, Site commits to uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
17. Contact Us.
81Eighty Promotions, L.P.
With Copy To: Legal Department
One Cowboys Way, Suite 100
Frisco, Texas 75034